Monday, September 24, 2012

Football!!!

This year Oke wanted to do tackle football. I was really hesitant because he hadn't even done one year of flag football (always focused on baseball :) And other than the occasional football game at recess in school or playing with his cousin Gage in the back yard he hadn't played too much. But he was so excited because he made the deadline of turning 8 by Sep. 2nd. So, we decided to go for it. We signed him up with Ute Conference Youth Football and our district is Bingham, which was the same for baseball. Everything Bingham sports wise is awesome so we are feeling pretty good about where we are at! :)






Anyway, wow is all I have to say! It has been such a great experience. I believe football teaches kids so many great things including determination, good sportsmanship, teamwork, discipline. And above all it gives them a great sense of accomplishment and ups their self confidence. I have loved watching Oklan and my nephew Gage. They are on the same team again and also on a team with a lot of the boys on their baseball team which makes it all that much better! Oklan plays corner and running back. These games are so much fun to watch! They have won 3 out of 4 games so far and when I say they won I mean they won by a lot! We are talking scores like 35-6, 20-7 etc... It has been awesome!

1 comments:

Sly Family said...

When it comes to sports, I like to tease and say the only sport I will let my boys play is golf...I figure it is the safest ;) So I am glad to hear that Football has been such a great experience, because to be honest that sport is the top of my never, ever list.